Monday, June 4, 2012

Altered Ukulele Featured Today On Graphic 45

This is a gift that I made for two special ladies, who started out as employees and ended up friends. The first project I made for them was for their Second Chance Prom where LGBT couples "re-did" prom and got to go with their partners! And now they are married and vacationing in Hawaii.... this is  for you sweet friends...Jennifer and Jazmine, you can see the Ukulele picture holder I created for you HERE. And today the G45 blog I share the stage with The Gentleman Crafter- Jim Hankins. Jim is truly amazing, I alter things, and Jim just makes it out of chipboard! There are so many talented men out there crafting and creating so why not jump on over to his blog and check out his creations HERE!

3 comments:

  1. Denise,
    So, I'm just gonna say it: I get really tired of seeing traditional crafts for "traditional" families (men, women, their kids). Thanks for showing us something more inclusive.

    Also, where did you get the Ukelele? I totally want to learn how to play one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I have a lot of LGBT friends so you will probably see some more! I found the uke at LB flea, but you can buy them on ebay. This one is just a toy so make sure you are getting a real one! Thanks for coming by my blog :)

      Delete
  2. Just love the altered ukulele. I'm from Hawaii and love it's new use.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete